Budgets and prices
The investigator and study team at the hospital are responsible for preparing a budget for the study. If relevant, the investigator and the study team are responsible for obtaining acceptance if participation and prices from the hospital’s service departments.
The design of the study and the protocol’s flow chart form the basis for the budget for each individual study. In parallel to the budgeting process, Inven2 conducts the quality assurance of the agreement.
Services delivered by the hospital pharmacies are not part of this budget, and a separate agreement must be made in this respect. See more information here.
- The study personnel who carry out the study charge a set hourly rate.
The hourly rate is: NOK 1,710 for investigators and NOK 900 for study nurses
- You can find the rates for the most common procedures on the Regional forskningsstøtte website (Research Support Services)
- Inven2’s fee of 11.11% are added to the hospital’s rates
- Start-up fee: The costs of starting up of a study are calculated on the basis of the time spent preparing for the individual study’s start-up
- National coordinator payments: The costs of tasks carried out in accordance with the national coordinator role
- Archiving: The costs of remote storage of the study documentation after the completion of the study is covered by the sponsor. The current rate is NOK 6,000 per study
- Amendment fee: NOK 2,000 per amendment
- Inspection and audit: Compensated per hour for involved study personnel in accordance with the applicable hourly rates
- Reimbursement of expenses for study participants:
- The website Pasientreiser.no, within its limitation, should preferably be used for the reimbursement of costs ocurred by the study participant in connection with travel and accommodation.
- The sponsor must reimburse the study participants for any expenses that are not covered by pasientreiser.no or if pasientreiser.no is not a suitable option. Inven2 reimburses study participants and then invoices the sponsor for these costs.